Hop on the Shuttle and join me in Adventures in weaving!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Well, It Is Time To Get Back To Work!

Today I put 12.5 yards of Tencel (8/2) on my AVL. I am going to make 4 Table runners, 2 will be Wedding presents and the other two I will stash away for future present giving. I'm going to use a structure I have used before with a few changes. This time I am going to make squares of the design followed by 10 rows of plain weave followed by a narrow band of a flower looking design that I am going to sew pearls on the center of each flower, then repeat... Then I plan on finishing them with the same purls as well as crystal beads on the fringe. Sounds pretty huh! I still walk like I have been to a great party, but Im starting to feel a little better. I WILL BEAT THIS!!! no pun intended. hehehehehehe! I will post pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Victoria!
    So sorry to hear your recent struggles but thank the Lord you're feeling better! I was wondering where you'd been as I check your blog for new inspiration.

    I now have an understanding of your wound problem as my sister had a breast reconstruction that failed recently. She has two open wounds since early July. I totally get what you were describing.

    I can't wait to see what comes off your loom next!

    Take care!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete