Hop on the Shuttle and join me in Adventures in weaving!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My first Knitted hat! Alpaca, Andean Chullo Hat

When I was searching for the wool for my ruffled scarf on the Knit Picks website www.knitpicks.com  I came across this cute Chullo hat. I love alpaca’s so I bought the kit. It only cost $17.00 or so, and I got enough yarn to make at least 5 hats.

I took pictures with my phone then sent them to my email. They are really bad quality but you will get the gist.

 

1008001932

Here is the ear flap!

little alpaca

I attached the earflaps and started the body of the hat.

 

downsized_1019001324

Now it is time to wash and block.

All done!

Fall for Louie 003

It took two weeks to complete, really fun to do. I had to go on www.youtube.com to find out how to knit intarsia. What would I do without Youtube!   NEXT!!!!!!

 

3 comments:

  1. My daughter got the knitting gene in our family and I'm going to send a link to this post to her!
    Your hat is cute and I would wear it! Love the colours and patterning...

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat is adorable, and beautifully knit! I'd love to make something with cute alpacas on it like that. I'm going to need a nice warm hat for riding my scooter in the winter, I may have to give that kit a looky loo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work premium socks

    ReplyDelete