Hop on the Shuttle and join me in Adventures in weaving!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Crazy how things happen!







Ok so I just moved back to California after being away for the past 15 years. I moved to Colorado with my two kids and our dog BooBoo. Lots of things, people, experiences, happened in the 11 years I lived there. For one, I got to finally have the horse I always wanted. I was driving down this back road and saw a sign that said "HORSES FOR SALE". I stopped by the pasture where I met a man named Paul. He was a Denver sheriff and owned about 23 horses that he had on this land. One of the horses was this pretty little paint horse. I knew nothing about caring for a horse so Paul agreed to teach me. I went every morning to help feed and groom the horses. He taught me about hay, irrigation, horse keeping , horse health and a bunch of other wonderful things. Before I picked the horse I wanted to buy I decided to live with them for awhile and let one pick me. The first day I was there I saw the most beautiful horse I ever saw. She followed me everywhere. I asked Paul if he thought that she would be a good horse for me and he said No way, she is lazy and she doesn't like anyone. I said I think she likes me. Paul watched me and the horse he called Patches and decided that maybe we would be a good match. After several months of taking care of 23 horses and the paint horse it was time for me to buy her. First thing I did was changed her name to Sophie. She loved it and me.It was time for me and Sophie to hit the road and go out on our own. I rented a stall at the Humane Society and all was good. I was doing such a great job with my little horse, she was quickly gaining weight on her very underweight frame and suddenly I saw her belly move. UH OH, I called the vet and he said she wasn't lazy she was ready to give birth. She gave birth to my beautiful boy Simon. Nine years later here he is running around having fun. That's it for now, I will continue this story a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment