Hop on the Shuttle and join me in Adventures in weaving!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shibori on my own

After attending the Shibori Workshop in February, I decided to give it a go on my own. I purchased all my dyeing equipment from www.dharmatrading.com and I bought some muslin from Jo-Ann’s.

  adventures in weaving 168 

I started with folded Shibori:

The first one is fold like a fan. I pressed each fold to keep it neat. Next, I folded it into triangles, pressing as I go. I then secured the folded fabric with a triangle shaped piece of plastic and a clamp I purchased from home depot.

adventures in weaving 193

I did a direct dye application and used 3 different colors.

adventures in weaving 196

Here is how this turned out.adventures in weaving 198

adventures in weaving 200

That was so fun and I think it turned out really cool.

The next one I did was  folded into a fan again but this time I folded it into squares and then secured it with popsicle sticks and a clamp. Here what that looked like.

adventures in weaving 191

adventures in weaving 197

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment