Hop on the Shuttle and join me in Adventures in weaving!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Sweet guest hand towels








Do you ever have some friends over and they go to the restroom and use your "Special Towels". Maybe you don't have towels that no one is suppose use but for some crazy reason I do! I decided to make some little guest hand towels so they would leave my special towels alone. I used 8/2 ring spun cotton I got from http://www.randmyarns.com/ they have really nice cotton at a good price. set at 20epi in a 10 dent reed. The weft was very interesting. I got it from http://www.iloveyarn.com/ . It is a cotton terry eyelash. Shelby, the owner told me where it came from. It was designed by Perry Ellis for the robes that they have at the Waldorph Historia. I bought a BUNCH of this stuff! It looks sort of skimpy at first glance but after you wet finish, it is lusious. I did a plain weave for the body of the towel and an easy overshot for the accent. I made a set of 4 using different colors for the design. I really need to get better at taking picture of the finished product. No sooner did I finish these, someone bought them. So if you want to use my special towels... go ahead, I need to make some more. Here is a picture of some bath sheets I made as Christmas gifts out of this great stuff. The bath sheets where 32 x 60.

1 comment:

  1. Fresh guest hand towels are an important entertaining essential when you are hosting guests. They offer comfort and make the guests welcomed. They not just contribute to the aesthetics of the bathroom but also give comfort.

    https://www.homesware.co.uk/guest-towels/

    ReplyDelete