Hop on the Shuttle and join me in Adventures in weaving!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

AVL 60” Compu-dobby Production Loom and it is all mine YIPPIE!

Tomorrow morning I am getting up early and hooking a little trailer to my truck and then I'm off to Coronado Island to pick up My new to me AVL loom. It is currently living with Ingrid. Ingrid does not need a loom of this size and she doesn’t weave enough to warrant having a production loom. Not to mention it takes up a lot of space and she is looking to use her room for something else for a change. Ingrid is a wonderful weaver and really loves her Baby wolf.  I do have to say that I am a little overwhelmed with the prospect of having to put this monster together by myself. Then to actually warp it….I don’t know. I hope I can do it!  I plan on taking picture of the process. I wish I knew someone who could help me through the process. It has been a long time since Ingrid has woven anything on this loom and I don’t believe she used all 16 harnesses. I feel so blessed that Ingrid is letting me take this loom.  I have been wishing for a 16 shaft Loom  for so long and my birthday is right around the corner.                          How lucky I am. Thank you Ingrid, I promise to take good care of her.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky woman! Happy Birthday to you. Your work is fabulous; LOVE the turtle.
    Marie (aka "the wrist")

    ReplyDelete