Hop on the Shuttle and join me in Adventures in weaving!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Putting My AVL together…

As I said before, I was a little overwhelmed with the idea of me putting this loom together by myself  but I took a deeeeeeeep breath and dived in.

Here is where I started.

AVL LOOM 002

A big heap of wood. Pretty wood mind you, but a heap none the less.

AVL LOOM 003 

More heap!

One more deep breath…

AVL LOOM 004

 

Viola!  What a beauty! Now I have all the parts together,  so now I need to go back and hook up all the cables and weights. After that I will attempt putting the computer dobby on and adjust it. If you have ever done this,  I could sure some  helpful hints. :) 

Now some Loom Flair! You know what Im talking about, the pictures of Kids/ Grandkids, Studio Posse, sheep measuring tape, pictures of sheep, stuff like that. What do you have on your Loom? Share your loom flair, maybe post a picture of your loom Flair, that would be fun to see what we all have.

Here is my Loom Flair:

AVL LOOM 014     

Loom Fairy (of course)

 

AVL LOOM 016

Yes, that’s right… a loom monkey!

AVL LOOM 017

Pictures of  my horses!

 

AVL LOOM 018

Shrinky Dink Goldfish, fresh Lavender from the garden, and plenty of horse figures.

 

And of Course the Studio Posse.

Adventure in weaving 003

                         Chloe Belle

Adventure in weaving 040 Emma Marie038

adventures in weaving 043

weaving adventures 008

Mr. Kitty Leopold, Weaving a placemat I believe. He has pictures of me on his loom!

DSC00175

And my pretty little Julie Bean.

Now Im all set!

On July 17th 2010, I celebrate the one year anniversary of learning to weave. I love it!

I have never seen a computer weaving program let alone learning to weave with one. I hope that I can get the hang of it. I have weave point that Ingrid included with the loom for me.

2 comments:

  1. No doubt you will dazzle us; can't wait to see what comes off your beautiful HUGE AVL.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done! congratulations on putting it together.

    ReplyDelete