Hop on the Shuttle and join me in Adventures in weaving!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I finished weaving the Zebra Shibori scarf.

Now, Tomorrow I will twist the fringe and get busy on dyeing it. If this turns out good, I will enter it in the Escondido Arts Partnership  Art show. All entries have to be photographed and put on cd by July 17th.   My weaving Anniversary !  If you take a close look you can see that I left squares of 3” by 5” blank… free from shibori threads. Im going to batik the stripes in these squares. Then I will paint around the square with colors of a Kenya sunset. That is where Nemo (the zebra) is from. Then, I will pull the loom shibori stitches and use a Rose red direct dye on the gathered pleats. This is the 3 attempt. I found it very difficult to dye black. The problem isn’t the application of the dye, it is the rising out of the dye without it running all over the place and making a mess on the rest of the scarf. I think I finally got the technique that works and I will take pictures and share my notes so if you want to try something like this, you at least won’t have to make the mistakes I made.

AVL LOOM 007

up close to show you the squares…

AVL LOOM 008 AVL LOOM 010

weaving adventures 005

Nemo! Isn’t he handsome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment